PRO-NAZI SAYS LOCAL BOOK DEALERS CENSOR WRITINGS

McClatchie Claims They Refuse To Sell Works Praising Hitler

Charging that his book, "The Dictator: Wish-Dream" had been censored by Harvard Square book dealers, Stanley McClatchie '20 said yesterday that throughout the East people were permitted to buy only pro-British literature.

"I frequently used to write for the big magazines. But now they are unwilling to publish my stuff because I haven't swallowed the British propaganda," McClatchie said.

An inventor from California who has spent half of his time since 1921 in Europe McClatchie recently wrote "The Dictator" as a protest against the Administration's foreign policy. He said that because no publisher would accept his material, he had a few copies of the book mimeographed to be distributed among local book sellers.

America May Awaken

According to him, bookstores and news dealers in the square for lone reason or another refused to place his work on their stands. "I don't mind censorship, but I don't like the idea of Felix and similar news dealers refusing to display my stuff."

In this book, McClatchie warns that if the U. S. continues its tendency towards involvement, "Americans may suddenly awaken from their idealistic wish-dreaming to discover that war is war and that they are in the midst thereof without an ally in the whole wide world."

Taking issue with some common notions about Germany, the book claims that Hitler, rather than being a dictator, is a leader who does only what his people want. "Following this one man is but the means to cooperation of all. He simply works out a way of working together. And if this doesn't work, well then he's an incompetent 'boss'."

How to Stop Germany

To stop Germany, McClatchie says, "the best thing is to fall head-over-heels in love with German ways. For those are now by force of circumstance model ways for all who are going in for modern warfare."