Spreyer Back As Team Drills For Sabrinas

Hard-driving Waldstein Bumped As Varsity, Freshmen Scrimmage

The Harvard football squad went over the last big pre-season scrimmage hump yesterday afternoon in a 20 minute tiff with a stubborn Freshman squad. The Varsity managed to push across a touchdown in a series of seven plays but was forced to take to the air for the last nine yards of the way, Helman to Forte for the counter.

The team got another look at Amherst plays and had a snappy signal drill. Mort Waldstein, who is rapidly coming to the fore as the hardest driving back on the squad, was forced to retire for the day with a slight bump. He will undoubtedly be ready for action on Saturday, but center Burgy Ayres is definitely out of the game.'

Spreyer Works Out

Charles Spreyer worked out briefly yesterday, getting in some conditioning and thereby improving his chances of playing against Amherst. The Sabrinas will descend upon Soldiers Field, 32 strong, for a short practice in the Stadium tomorrow; 22 more will arrive Saturday and dress for the game.

Peter Elser seems to have an inside track in the left tackle fight with Vern Miller, and Don Forte rates the call over John Morgan at right end. Neither Don McNicol nor Captain Joe Gardella scrimmaged yesterday, but both are certain starters at tailback and bucker respectively.

The newest hopeful to be plugged into the tackle problem is Stan Durwood, a Sophomore from St. Louis Mo. He was on the "B" team yesterday.