CRIMSON TRIALS START TOMORROW

Editorial, Photo and Business Boards Open to '43; All Swingsters Invited

Swingsters, camera fiends, editorial writers, and aspiring businessmen will get their chance to try out for the Crimson in the first fall competition starting tomorrow evening.

Only Sophomores will be eligible for the editorial, photographic, and business boards but any student of any class can jive on down to his heart's content in the competition for swing columnist 7:30 o'clock in the Crimson Building at 14 Plympton street is the time set.

Members of the class of '43 will get their first chance to try out for the editorial board as no Freshmen are ever taken on in the capacity of ed writers. The competition will consist of writing trial attempts at editorials: reviews of books plays, and movies; and "Vagabonds."

Extensive Photo Equipment

The photographic candidates will have an opportunity to use the new CRIMSON darkroom and equipment including two Leitz enlargers. The competitors will be judged on their ability to take, develop, and print pictures and to use equipment efficiently.

Business will have a chance to make valuable contacts with Boston and Cambridge business in the course of their competition.

Hepeats can demonstrate their hot licks in two or three sample columns and the writer of the one judged best will be acclaimed chief CRIMSON swingers.