Willkie Holds 3-2 Lead in Crimson Presidential Poll

Many Faculty and Commuter Ballots Yet To Come In

With a large number of Faculty and Commuter votes yet to come in, Wendell Willkie leads Franklin D. Roosevelt in the CRIMSON's presidential poll of the University by a total majority of 1853 to 1223.

The Faculty returns so far, contrary to expectations, show a preference for Willkie. Commuters on the other hand gave FDR a thumping majority of 127 to Willkie's 60. The only other group in the whole University which favored the Democratic candidate was Kirkland House, which voted for him 81 to 77.

Winthrop Goes Republican

Winthrop House proved to be a strong hold of Republicanism, opposing a third term by a 111 to 39 count. The Freshmen also backed the utility magnate heavily, 373 to 174.

Except for Winthrop, all House votes were fairly close. The Law School cast 347 ballots for Willkie, 291 for Roosevelt. The Business School in a poll a week ago went Republican by the lopsided vote of 365 to 107.

Norman Thomas polled 107 votes, getting most of his support from the Law School, the Freshmen, and Leverett, Lowell, and Adams House. Earl Browder was checked on 37 ballots, and Roger Babson got 22 votes, ten of them coming from Leverett.

Other third party dark horses included Mickey Sullivan, Tom Harmon, Herbert Hoover, Leverett Saltonstall '14, Langdon P Marvin, Jr. '41, Al Smith, Mrs. Willkie, Adolf Hitler, Margie Hart, Charles A. Lindbergh, and George Washington.

A complete and final tabulation of voting in the University by groups will be published in the CRIMSON on Monday morning.