MEETING FOR UNITY OF U. S. ON DEFENSE

Outstanding Talkers Present Variety of Conflicting Views

Labor unions, the Democratrive Party, the Boston Chamber of Commerce, the Business School, and the Harvard Willkie Club will all the be represented by speakers at a National Unity meeting sponsored by the Harvard Group of American Defense in the New Lecture Hall tonight at 8 o'clock.

The purpose of the program is to bring together a variety of political opinions and, in view of the present world crisis, to stress the need for a united American after the recent political campaign.

Mcllwain to Preside

C. H. McIlwain, professor of Government, who spoke at one of the Willikie rallies and who wears an Aid-to-Britain button, will preside over the meeting. Professor O. M. W. Sprague '94, who will represent the Business School, was economic adviser to the Bank of England until 1932 and financial authority to the Secretary of the Treasury until he broke with Roosevelt on fiscal policies of the New Deal. Col. Dana. T. Gallup, who is legal adviser to the State Draft Board will also speak.

The Hon. Joseph E. Casey, Democratic Congressman from Cambridge, will represent the Democratic Party while Oscar W. Haussermann, President of the Boston Chamber of Commerce, will speak from the business man's point of view.

The labor unions will be spoken for by Joseph Salerno, Secretary of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers (C.I.O.) and Kenneth I. Taylor, Secretary of the American Federation of Labor.

Students to Present Views

Undergraduate factions will be represented by T. J. Frazier '41, President of the Harvard Willkie Club, Alan Gottlieb '41, President of the Harvard Liberal Union, and Grenville Clark '41.