EMPLOYMENT AID SHOWS INCREASE

Student Employment Office Helped To Place Typists, Waiters, Baby Tenders

Thirty-seven per cent of the students in the college and fifteen per cent of the graduate students made use of the services of the Student Employment Office, according to the annual report of Charles W. Duhig '24, Acting Director.

Earnings of those who received jobs from the office amounted to $260,396 an increase of two per cent, and 517 more positions were found for applicants last year than during the previous year.

Typists and entertainers found the most jobs during the past year, the report states. Yet the largest earning group of students were those who found positions as waiters in he University dining Halls, sixty-seven positions having been filled by the Union.

Many students worked in local restaurants, and in other establishments around Harvard Square. The jobs varied from elevator boys and telephone operators to motion picture technicians. The H.A.A. employed many as ushers and aids in the field houses.

The versatility of the students increases annually. During the past year baby-tending was added to their growing accomplishments. The office is gratifies to report that none of its male nurses suffered nervous breakdowns as a result of their labors."

"Other socially-conscious students aided science by swallowing stomach pumps at the Massachusetts General Hospital that the Reogenologists might conduct their researches on the fluoroscopes for the benefit of mankind." Duhig reported.