WET WEATHER HITS HARLOW, MCLAUGHRY

Barnes Starts at Left End, Mackinney at Quarterback

Dick Harlow's only consolation as his team was forced indoors for the third day in a row was that Tuss McLaughry of Brown must be facing the same difficulties in Providence. Scouts, have brought back glowing reports of the 1940 Bruins, and Harvard needs every available outdoor laboratory period in preparation.

The starting lineup was announced last night with Dick Harlow indicating that Loren MacKinney and Bill Barnes will answer the opening whistle at quarterback and left end respectively, Bill Brown will continue to operate in the bucking berth as Captain Joe Gardella remains in cold storage.

Harvard's land offense depends primarily on the ability of Loren MacKinney to absorb enough blocking back assignments and technique before game time tomorrow. His actual experience in the role is limited to 15 minutes against Princeton, one afternoon of scrimmage, and a few signal drills.

As a result, the Crimson may be forced to dig deep into its bag of aerial tricks. Pass offense has come in for quite a bit of attention all week long, with Charley Spreyer and Don McNicol doing most of the having.

The field has been covered all week, and word comes from Tom Stephenson, Southern Sage of the H.A.A. that ticket sales in Providence have been brisk, balancing up for the rather weak demand in Boston and vicinity. About 20,000 people are expected to attend.