CLASS OF '16 VOTES ON 8 FOR MARSHAL

Saltonstall Announces New Plan To Make Election Easier, More Popular

As an innovation in preparations for their twenty-fifty reunion next year, the Class of 1916 will vote for their Chief Marshal from a slate selected by a nominating committee instead of by choosing them at random from the class, as has been done until this year.

By this plan the choice of Chief Marshal, who leads the Alumni on Commencement Day, will be restricted to eight men whom the Nominating Committee deemed best fitted for the position. The names of the three most popular candidates will be submitted to the Directors of the Alumni Association, and they will make the final choice in January.

Leverett Saltonstall '14, Governor of Massachusetts and President of the Alumni Association, Explained this policy in a letter to the members of the Class of 1916. Enclosed with the letter was a ballot listing the eight nominees and a pamphlet giving biographical sketches of them.

To Make Choice More Popular

Governor Saltonstall stated that only a few class members have voted in past years, and that their choices have been widely scattered. The new plan, by limiting the candidates to eight, will tend to make the choices more popular.

The candidates who are listed are: William J. Bingham, Director of Physical Education at Harvard; Laurence Curtis, lawyer and state senator; Henry L. F. Kreger, Lawyer; Charles C. Lund, surgeon; David P. Morgan, Chemical executive; Ernest W. Soucy, banker; James Talcott, executive; and Donald C. Watson, banker.