The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Council of Democracy Will Meet Wednesday

Public Gathering in Faneuil Hall Schedules MacLeish, Other Speakers

Under the chairmanship of Samuel Eliot Morison, professor of History, the recently-formed Council for Democracy will sponsor a public meeting in Faneuil Hall next Wednesday, at 7:45 o'clock, to mark the establishment of a replica of the revolutionary Committee of Correspondence.

This committee, organized organized in Faneuil Hall under the leadership of James Otis to advocate unity among the colonies, is being duplicated by the Council of Democracy in order to inform interested citizens of difficulties and problems which are now facing the country.

Archibald MacLeish, Librarian of Congress and former curator of the Nieman Fellows at Harvard, is scheduled to speak at the meeting. Also on the program is Raymond Gram Swing, chairman of the New York branch of the Council, and C.D. Jackson, president of the Council.

One of its aims is to "publicize and counteract the propaganda to supplant American democracy by a philosophy and form of government contradictory to our heritage."

The permanent chairman of the Council is Carl J. Friedrich, professor of Government.