MACKINNEY IN DOUBT; TEAM PREPS FOR ELI

Bulldog Passing Stressed; Friesell To Officiate

By Donald Peddie

Only six or seven practice hours now separate the Crimson from their climactic clash with the Yale Blue-bellies in New Haven Saturday, and the problem confronting Dick Harlow is how to make the best use of the time to prepare his team for a dog-fight in the Bowl.

Yale may use any one of ten defenses, and Harvard must be equipped with plays to crack each one of them. Yale out passed both Cornell and Princeton, two of the most aerial-minded elevens in the country, and, barring bad weather, should give Crimson defenders their best workout of the year.

MacKinney Leg injury

Doctors have not yet ruled Loren MacKinney out of the Yale contest, but his chances of seeing service are becoming increasingly slender. He was able to walk about the field yesterday and may be able to jog in a day or two. But the best he can hope for is to have his injured leg respond to treatment quickly enough for him to run by Saturday. In any event, he will miss a week's practice and undoubtedly will not start against Yale.

Burgy Ayres' work yesterday was confined to jogging, but he will be in shape for the Elis. He received several bad bruises in the Brown scuffle. All the men who played last Saturday were excused early, but not before getting a good dose of Yale running and passing plays topped off with some work on their own offense.

It was announced that none other than Red "Forget Me Not, Five Downs" Friesell will officiate the Harvard-Yale game.

The A team lined up yesterday as follows: le, Barnes; lt, Elser; lg, Peabody; c, Dietz; rg, Pfister; rt, Gardiner; re, Koufman; qb, Heiden; lh, Spreyer; rh, Lee; fb, Brown.