Big Events Scheduled For '44s in December

Conant's Talk and Copeland's Reading Among Features on Program

A speech by President Conant, a gala dance, and the traditional Christmas reading by Charles T. Copeland, professor of English, emeritus, are some of the highlights on the schedule of Freshman events for the forthcoming month, it was announced today by the Freshman Union Committee at its third meeting yesterday.

President Conant will deliver his annual address to the Yardlings on December 3 at 7:30 o'clock in the main dining room of the Harvard Union.

Further details about the Freshman dance were also issued by the Union Committee, which announced that Don Gohan and his orchestra will furnish the music for the cavorting '44s at the dance on December 14. The dance is to be informal, and tickets will cost $1.25 a couple and $.75 for the stray stage.

This year the ever-popular Christmas reading of Professor Copeland will take place on December 18 at 4:30 o'clock in the Union's upper common-room for the benefit of the Class of '44.