Christmas Seals Go On Sale Here Monday

Tuberculosis, Health Association Mails Seals to All Students

On Monday, November 25, colleges, business concerns and homes will receive letters containing the 1940 Christmas Seals as the Cambridge Tuberculosis and Health Association launches its 34th Annual Seal Sale. These letters have become a Christmas tradition and through them each year people are given an opportunity to aid in the campaign against Tuberculosis, the disease which is still the leading cause of death in the age period from 15-45.

Throughout the entire nation similar letters with Christmas Seals will be passing through all Post Offices on their way to homes, businesses and colleges of all sizes and kinds. It is a State and Nationwide drive with every nationality, every creed and every color contributing to its cause.

Last year Harvard men contributed generously to the work here in Cambridge. Five cents of each dollar contributed helped the National Tuberculosis Association carry on the work nationally. Another ten cents to the Massachusetts Tuberculosis League helped to provide statewide services, while the remaining eighty-five cents stayed in Cambridge and helped to promote the local program.

The Cambridge Tuberculosis and Health Association's program for the past year included health education, tuberculosis case finding, negro health work, rehabilitation of the tuberculosis patient and the maintenance of Sunshine Camp at camp for children who have been in contact with tuberculosis.