New Liberal Union To Hold Round Table Talks Tonight

Discussions to Center Around What Is Best For Defense of U. S.

The recently formed Harvard Liberal Union will hold a round table discussion on defense in the Kirkland House Common Room at 7:30 O'clock tonight, with Arthur N. Holcombe, professor of Government, presiding.

Topics under consideration will include the question of the place of partisanship in the defense program; participants will also argue whether the program undermines our democratic institutions, and whether capital and labor can both make equal contributions towards solving the problem of rapid armament.

An imposing array of government, history, law, and economic professors will lead and centralize the discussion, in which questions are expected from the floor. In addition to Professor Holcombe, Payson S. Wild, Jr., associate professor of Government, and Warren A. Seavey, professor of Law, are scheduled to speak.

Also on the program are Russell A. Nixon, instructor in Economics, who has just returned from the C.I.O. conference, James M. Potter, associate professor of History, and Paul N. Sweeay, instructor in Economics.