NETWORK BROADCASTS NEXT WEEK

Plan to Substitute Wires For Pipes, Programs Ready

The CRIMSON Network will resume broadcasting early next week, after last spring's short trial period. The transmitter has been moved from Shepard Hall to the basement of Winthrop and only the Houses will be able to hear the first few broadcasts. Plans are being made to transmit the programs to the Yard some time later in the year.

Instead of using the heating pipes to carry the programs, this year's Network will use the electric light wires. This method has proved successful during the fall trial period. Broadcasting on 800 kilocycles, the technical staff promises that the reception will be as strong as the regular local stations.

Feature on Boston Events

Classical music, jazz and CRIMSON news will be mainstays of the program, along with a new five minute introductory feature which will tell what is happening in Boston that evening.

Plans for new programs include broadcasts concerning the Selective Service Act, time devoted to vocational advice, and a talent search among the undergraduates. The Radio Workshop will contribute a weekly program.

From a six week competition period a permanent staff has been selected. The executive board will consist of William W. Tyng '41, chairman; Charles W. Oliphant '41, technical director; Lawrence Lader '41, program director; Stanley O. Beren '41, production director; Gordon McCouch '41, technical engineer.

On the Production Board are Warren Blending '43, Irving Clark '41, Jay Heitin '42, Robert S. Kieve '43, Bernard J. McMahon '42, James W. Morley '43, Melvin Rodman '42, Eliot Snider '41, and John W. Sullivan '43.

Members of the Program Board are William E. Braden '41, Paul Jaretski '42, and Robert Moevs '42, Music; Charles Miller '41, and Henry Munroe '43, Jazz; and Charles S. Borden '43, News.

On the Technical Board are John Cochrane '43, Art C. Hyman '42, David R. Roberts '42, John A. Stone '42, Robert Waugh '43, and Alan M. Winkelstein '42.