Princeton Soccermen Give Crimson Their Initial Defeat 5 to 0 in Muddy Struggle

Penson and Willetts Are Outstanding For Losing Carrmen

In their first setback of the year, the Crimson soccermen were submerged, 5 to 0, by the undefeated Princeton power-house in a glorified mud puddle on the Business School field Saturday.

It looked like a close battle until the last minutes of the first period, when the Bengala drew their first blood with a score from the toe of Tigerman Worthington. After the initial tally the Princeton scoring machine went into action. In spite of the mud and rain their sparkling offense proved too much for the Carrmen and so the second period ended with two more goals for the boys from New Jersey.

In the second half the desperate Johnnics buckled down and threatened several times but still to no avail. The Tiger remained untamed, for the third period found another counter added to the Orange and Black collection.

In the last period both teams were somewhat benumbed by the severe weather and hence lacked their former punch. But the Princeton eleven insisted on settling the matter with one more goal for their afternoon's efforts.

Jack Penson, the Crimson goalie, did a valiant job at the nets. He spent his busiest afternoon of the season and in spite of the fact that he was seriously shaken up, his miraculous saves did much to keep the Tiger score down. Also Prenny Willetts played an outstanding game at the right outside position.