UNBEATEN GOLD COASTERS NEAR INTER-HOUSE CROWN

Puritans Only Squad Within Hailing Distance of Leaders

As the Interhouse tackle football competition roars down the home stretch, Adams House, to date undefeated, holds a strangle hold on the championship, their first since the inauguration of House football.

With two more games to play the Gold Coasters led by Captain Wally Chessman are favored to keep their slate clean. Only Winthrop is within overhauling distance of the formerly sluggish team which finished in the league basement last season.

Winthrop Can Place First

Winthrop with three wins, one loss and one tie can finish in undisputed first place only if the boys from the House "with the very small tower and no bells at all" drop both of their remaining games. If the Gold Coasters win over either Dunster or Eliot they will at least a tie for the title. Neither of these teams has been highly successful.

Winthrop faces two teams on the same par as the Adams oposition and the Puritans should also find the going fairly easy. Adams' recent 6 to 0 victory over the Ferrymen settled the comparative merits of the two league leaders.

Three Games Today

On today's slate are three important contests. Lowell battling for undisputed possession of the collar tackles an impotent though fully manned Eliot squad; Dunster meets Dudley; and in the feature game the Deacons and the Puritans tangle.

In two games played yesterday neither of which have any bearing on the Straus Trophy race, the Gold Coasters, sparked by Bob Hurley, eased out a victory over a fighting Dormitory eleven 14 to 6 and the Second Freshman squad downed the Leverett aggregation 13 to 9.

Three Games Today