Hoopsters Set For Northeastern

VARSITY SEEKS FOURTH WIN; FRESHMEN ALSO PLAY HUSKIES

By A. EDWARD Rowse

A battle of two undefeated teams will take place tonight as the Crimson basketball team faces Northeastern at 8:45 o'clock in the Indoor Athletic Building. In a preliminary game at 7:30 o'clock, the once-beaten Yardlings will tangle with the Northeastern Freshmen.

If Coach Wes Fesler's Varsity aggregation succeeds in tripping the Huskies, it will have the honor of compiling one of the best early season records in recent Harvard basketball history. It will mean that the Varsity hoopsters would end the pre-vacation season with four victories and no defeats.

Captain Franny Simpson's stalwarts are now riding on the crest of a victory wave, having swamped M.I.T., Brown, and Wesleyan. The Huskies, in their only contest this year, beat Colby which in turn has wins over Clark and New Hampshire Universities.

Northeastern Out for Revenge

The visitors, out for revenge for the 51 to 38 pasting they received last year, will field a much more potent force tonight. The highest scorer of the team is Mike Azzone of Chelsea, sensational Sophomore star, who collected 16 points in the Colby game.

Right behind Azzone is Al Pajonas, who scored 20 points against the Crimson last year and ten in this year's game with Colby. Centering these two flash forwards will be Joe Lawler, another member of the Husky Freshman five which tripped the Yardlings last year 29 to 24.

Wally Sullivan and Hal Maron, two more voterane, will pair at the guard posts. The leading substitutes who are likely to see plenty of action are Harry Gogan, Gordon Morse, and Elmer Smith.

Apparently satisfied with the work of his starting five, Coach Fesler will field the same starting lineup which has faced M.I.T, Brown, and Wesleyan. Franny Simpson and Joe Romano will take care of the forward posts, Ed Rothschild at center, with Bud Finegan and Ed Buckley at the guards.

Harvard Favored

If the excellent brand of basketball which the Feslermen have displayed continues, they should have little trouble emerging with their fourth victory of the season tonight. If the team can cast off some of its extra-cautiousness so apparent against Wesleyan, tonight's contest may turn out to be a real highscoring affair.

In the Freshman game, Coach Skikp Stanley's Yardlings will be out to make up for last week's loss to Tufts Junior Varsity. George Dillon and Jack Torgan will start at the forwards, George Burditt at center, and Don Lutze and Dick Elken at the guards. This game will be the first of the season for the Husky Freshmen. HARVARD  NORTHEASTERN Simpson, f.  f, Azzone Romano, f.  f., Pajonas Rothschild, c.  c., Lawler Finegan, g.  g., Sullivan Buckley, g.  g., Maron