ST. PAUL'S MEETS UNBEATEN '44 SIX

Newly-elected Captain Reeves Will Lead Icemen in N. Y. Garden Today

Albert L. Reeves of Weld Hall and Worcester will captain the Freshman hockey team in its first outside tilt this afternoon when it meets a strong St. Paul's School outfit at three o'clock in Madison Square Garden, New York.

Reeves prepared at Exeter, where he was captain of last year's hockey team, and at Worcester North High School. In the three games which the Freshmen have so far played he has performed a stellar job at left defense. A six footer and well over 200 pounds, the newly elected captain, who is working his way through college, was considered one of the most likely prospects for the Freshman football team until he had to stop because afternoon practice interfered with his job.

Hard Contest Expected

Although this game marks the first time this year that the schoolboys have played outside hockey, they will, if past performances indicate anything, present the Freshmen with a seasoned team. Last year at Concord the S. P. S. boys knocked the 1943 team out of the undefeated ranks, and while the unfamiliar indoor ice may handicap them somewhat, the outcome is far from certain.

Hodder plans to use the same team he started against Belmont Hill, with the first line sparked by individualist Marcus Beebe, who tallied four times in Tuesday's game. Backing up this first wave is an equally effective trio, whose style depends not so much on spectacular brilliance as on intelligent team play. This line accounted for three of the four goals scored in the game with Mt. St. Charles, the closest shave yet experienced by the Freshmen.