VARSITY LETTERMEN CHOOSE ALL-OPPONENTS ELEVEN

Five Wolverines, Including Harmon, Evashevski on Team

Five Michigan Wolverines, two linemen, and three backs, landed paces on the all-opponents team which was selected by a poll of Varsity lettermen during the last few days. Two Dartmouth, two Eli line stars, one Princeton back, and a Penn center complete the mythical eleven.

ALL-OPPONENTS TEAM

(LE) Frutig (Michigan)

(LT) Wistert (Michigan)

(LG) Burnam (Yale)

(C) Frick (Penn)

(RG) Young (Dartmouth)

(RT) O'Brien (Dartmouth)

(RE) Bartholemy (Yale)

(QB) Evashevski (Michigan)

(LH) Harmon (Michigan)

(RH) Peters (Princeton)

(F) Westfall (Michigan)

Tom Harmon, Michigan's triple all-American representative, led the Wolverine contingent, garnering a perfect total of 20 votes at the left-halfback post, while Forrest Evashevski, his teammate and blocking back who paves the way for many of Harmon's spectacular runs by devastating interference, was not far behind, polling just one short of a unanimous vote.

Ed Frutig at right end, Al Wistert at right tackle, and Bob Westfall, all of whom were instrumental in carrying the Wolverines through the season with one lone defeat, rounded out the Michigan men who made the team.

For his great and consistent kicking despite the handicap of rain, and for his substantial ground gaining, Bob Peters won the honor of being the only Princeton representative. Gaining a total of ten votes, he nosed out such close contenders as Hank Mazur, who scored Army's lone touchdown against Harvard, and Erni Savignano, Brown's spark-plug.

Cape Burnam and Al Bartholemy, who featured an otherwise stale Yale team, were the sole Elis to gain spots on the team. Burnam won the right-guard post over Sukup of Michigan by two votes, while Bartholemy got the nod over Krieger of Dartmouth by the same slim margin.

Two stars of Dartmouth's Big Green gained positions on the all-opponents eleven, at left tackle and left guard respectively.

Bob O'Brien of Dartmouth gained the left-tackle spot over Kelto of Michigan and Yard of Penn, while the captain of the Big Green, Lou Young, won out over such stalwart contenders as Sukup and Fritz of Michigan.

Rounding out the eleven, was Ray Frick, Penn's all-American candidate, who came through in the last part of the poll to gain the nod over Ed Ingalls of Michigan.