ALUMNI CLUBS HOLD PARLEY

Hundreds of Grads to Talk On National Defense Problem

Problems of national defense will feature the special "open house" to be held here this Saturday when hundreds of alumni from the northeastern part of the United States are expected to attend a series of meetings sponsored by the Alumni Association.

The open house is being sponsored in order to give the graduates a chance to discuss general problems of national defense, to observe what the University is doing for the defense program, and to watch other day-to-day activities.

During the day-long program the alumni will visit classes and laboratories, lunch in the college dining halls, see the Harvard-Yale football game replayed on the screen, and take part in an afternoon symposium. Visits to the cyclotron atom-smasher and special tours of Widener are scheduled.

Patterson Will Speak

In the evening they will hear an address by the Assistant Secretary of War, Robert F. Patterson. Governor Leverett Saltonstall '14, President of the Alumni Association, and President James B. Conant '14 will also speak at the meeting. J. Wells Farley '99 is to preside.

After the afternoon session the Glee Club plans to give a concert, and Professor Archibald T. Davison is to present an organ recital in the Memorial Church. Dean Willard L. Sperry of the Divinity School will officiate.

Coach Harlow to Discuss Game

Movies of the Yale game are to be presented by Coach Harlow at 11 o'clock in the Institute of Geographical Exploration and he will explain the basic principles of team play to the graduates.

The various Harvard Clubs all over the country plan to listen to the afternoon symposium on "The Relation of the United States to World Affairs" via the Mutual Broadcasting System. Samuel H. Cross '12, professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures; William Y. Elliot, professor of Government; and Bruce C. Hopper, associate professor of Government, are featured; and Dr. Roger I. Lee '01 will preside.