Harvard Yale and Princeton Dominate E.I.L. Swimming League; Tied In Lead

Each Has Two Victories; Title Will Be Settled In Big Three Series

Yale, the defending champion; princeton, runner-up a year ago, and Harvard, which finished third in 1930, again dominate activities in the Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League as the association settles down to the major portion of its schedule this week. This trio, annually the Big Three of Eastern swimming, currently is tied for the top in the standing, each with two straight victories, and unless form goes completely awry they should continue their deadlock until they reach the series with each other early next month.

Yale has beaten Pennsylvania and Navy, failing to take only one first place in those meets. Harvard has defeated Dartmouth and Columbia, gaining II of a possible 14 firsts, while Princeton has overcome Navy and Dartmouth, scoring 10 first places. Yale and Princeton each have engagements this week end the Tigers Swimming Pennsylvania at home. A third meet on Saturday will being Dartmouth to Navy.

The three team leaders also dominate the individual records, best time and individual scoring. They hold, among them, seven of the best marks in the nine events on the league program. The individual scoring lead currently is deadlocked between Erie Cutler, Harvard captain, and Ned Parke, of Princeton. Each of these men, both free stylers, has scored 20 points on four first places in two meets. Third place is held by Harvard's Henry (Jim) Curwen, who has 18, while two Navy men, Jim Conger and Gordon Wiley, both sophomores, fellow with 17 and 16, respectively.

In subduing Navy last week end, Yale broke the national collegiate record for the 400-yard free-style relay for 60-feet courses when it returned 3:29.2.