FRESHMAN PAPER TO APPEAR WEDNESDAY

WEEKLY LARGER

Delayed from appearing last Wednesday by a change of printers, the first issue of the "Yardling," new Freshman weekly, will be published this coming Wednesday, its size larger than that originally planned.

A contract has been agreed upon with the Century Press, which also prints the "Progressive." The new contract calls for conventional printing in place of the photo-offset process originally planned for issuing the paper.

"The change allows greater flexibility of make-up and speed in printing," stated Adam Yarmolinsky, editor of the "Yardling." "It has also enabled us to increase the size of the paper from 8 1/2 by 11 inches to 9 by 12 inches."

Headlines Will Be Printed

The headlines, which were to be hand-lettered, will be printed, "giving the paper a neater appearance." The size of the columns has been increased and the editorial column widened. Inexpensive linoleum cuts will be used in place of line drawings.

"We hope to publish the paper Tuesdays instead of Wednesdays after the first edition," stated Yarmolinsky, "because it takes less time to print the paper than to use the photo-offset process."