GRAPPLERS, UNDERDOGS, MEET NAVY TOMORROW

Middies, Top Team in East, Slated to Carry Match With Lightweights on Crimson Injury List

By William W. Tyng

For the first time this year the wrestling team will enter a meet the underdog tomorrow when it takes to the mat against Navy at Annapolis.

The Middies established themselves as the top ranking team in the East last week when they took the Eastern Champions, Lehigh, to the tune of 17 to 11.

With their main strength lying in the light weights, the Sailors will have an advantage over the Crimson, because injuries have put two of the three Harvard lightweights out of action. Ted Schoenberg will be the only light regular to wrestle, with Harry Blaine taking Jim Redmon's place at 128 and Louis Daly replacing Ray Stone at 135.

Gardiner at unlimited is developing more and more the driving style that carried Chief Boston to an Eastern championship last spring, and it is he along with Captain Bill Daughaday, Dick Thomas and Bruce Richardson who provide the Crimson with its main hopes for an upset.

Dick Thomas has perhaps the easiest job of the five, his opponent having been beaten by both his Lehigh and Ohio State opponent, and it is reasonable to suppose that he has met his last defeat of the year against Columbia