HOOPSTERS HOPE FOR WIN OVER COLUMBIA

FESLER'S TACTICS FOR GAME ARE UNKNOWN

By John C. Robbins

Coach Wes Fesler was smiling broadly when his basketball team finished its practice yesterday afternoon, and that smile bodes ill for the Columbia hoopsters, who are traveling up from Morningside Heights to meet the Crimson here tomorrow evening.

Fesler was smiling because the team seemed to have recovered the pop and spirit that marked the Tufts and second Dartmouth games. It was probably the noisiest as well as one of the best practice sessions of the year in the Indoor Athletic Building.

Harvard took the measure of the Blue and White in the first meeting of the two teams early in January, and if yesterday's intra-squad session is any indication of tomorrow's game, there may be a second win over the Lion in store for the Crimson.

Columbia Fourth

According to the standings, however, Columbia, in fourth place in the League, is the favorite. Headed by little Albie Myers, always a potential scoring threat, the New Yorkers will present an attack that is much like Harvard's in its dependence on speed and trickery rather than height.

Fesler's strategy in the first game was to slow the game up and prevent a mad scramble up and down the floor. Whether he will depend on this plan or whether he will rely on the plays which the team has developed since that game will not be known till the game begins.

Cerrone, Hasslinger, Naylor, and Gilligan will play along with Myers for the Lions. Captain Charley Lutz and probably Bill Webber will play the forwards for the Crimson, with Sam "Don Junn" White at center, and Bud Finegan, Ed Buckley, and Joe Romano sharing the guard positions.