Wrestlers Have Important Meet With Pennat Indoor Athletic Building Today

Well Balanced Crimson Team Given Edge on Return to Cambridge Make

By William W. Tyng

Still with one man of the regular lineup missing, the Crimson wrestlers face the Pennsylvania outfit in the Indoor Athletic Building today at 2:30 o'clock. Although both teams are on a fairly even footing, the home squad is slightly favored.

Jimmy Redmon is still out of the lineup, but this week another shift in the weights provides first string men right through the team with the exception of Harry Blaine at 128. Pete Illman has recovered from his injured wrist and will be wrestling at 145 this week, ten pounds lighter than he was before. Meanwhile, Bruce Richardson has gone down to the 136 pound class.

As usual Ted Schoenberg will start off the afternoon at 121, and he will probably be setting the pace for one of the best balanced outfits the Crimson has been able to list in a long time, in which the men with the best records are spread out evenly through the lineup with an especially strong point in the middle weights, 155 and 165.

Although the Penn team has been defeated by Yale, it is a strong outfit, but it will have the disadvantage of wrestling on strange mats, while the Crimson team will be on its own mats for the first time since it decisively defeated Tufts.

A great deal will be decided in today's match which will have a bearing on how well the Crimson team will be able to do in the Yale meet and the Easterns that follow it by two weeks, because the last two defeats suffered by the team have thrown a temporary shadow over optimistic predictions.

Two matches that should be especially well worth watching this afternoon will be Bill Daughaday's at 165 and Dick Thomas's at 155. Daughaday's will be interesting, because he lost a close battle at Annapolis Thursday and he will be out for blood. Thomas's is noteworthy from the viewpoint of those who have followed wrestling closely, because during the last two matches he has fallen into a little slump and is due to show some really hard work to change the complexion of his record.