Tiger Squads Threaten To Gain Top Places in Week's League Games

Indians Still Lead in Basketball; Triple Tie for Swim Crown

Princeton's Tigers, looming as threats for major titles in Eastern League winter sports competition, face the season's crossroads in their threefold quest this week as they meet leaders and leading contenders for each of the crowns--basketball, swimming and hockey.

Currently second to Dartmouth in the race for the thirty-seventh title the court league has awarded, the Tigers will tackle the Indians themselves Saturday night at Nassau in the game that may determine the 1940 champion. They also play Pennsylvania, likewise at Princeton, today.

Ells Meet Three Swim Rivals

The schedule of seven games listed for the league this week will find all other members also engaged. Dartmouth, with Princeton on deck, played Yale last night at New Haven. The Blue will meet three rivals, while Pennsylvania, Columbia and Harvard each will play twice and Cornell once.

In swimming, the Tigers will match strokes with the Crimson on Saturday, beginning the series among the Big Three that will decide the league championship being defended by Yale. These two are tied with the Elis for the top.

Only one other league meet is listed for settlement this week-Dartmouth at Columbia, also on Saturday--but members of the circuit will compete in several non-league meets as well. Among the best of these will be the Yale-Wayne duel and the Army-Navy engagement, both on Saturday.

Tiger Puckmen Head Quad

Princeton's third series of tests will come in Quadrangular Hockey League play, where the Tigers are leading. They play two games, with Harvard on Wednesday and with Dartmouth on Saturday, both at home. Altogether four games will be contested in "Quad" competition, each team playing two games, and one in the international division. This one--Toronto at McGill--will end international play for the season. In fact this will be the last week of general play for "Quad" teams also, the only game after this being the second Harvard-Yale tussle two weeks hence.