CRIMSON TRACKMEN TO RUN IN GARDEN MEET

WARMING UP FOR QUAD TITLE MEET ON FEBRUARY 24

The B.A.A. games at the Boston Garden on Saturday night will provide the final bit of outside competition for Jaakko Mikkola's track and field performers before they defend their Quad title against the threat of Yale, Cornell, and Dartmouth on Saturday night, February 24.

Mikkola announced last night that he would enter a mile relay team, two high jumpers, a pole vaulter, a high hurdler, and a sprinter in the B.A.A. games this Saturday.

Crimson Competitors

Captain Jim Lightbody, Hobie Lerner, and Joe Donnelly have been definitely selected to carry Crimson colors in the mile relay event, and the fourth member of the quartet will be chosen from among Don Donahue, Frank McKechnie, and Ted Meredith. Ed Childs, Bill Young, Bob Brundage, and Bob McLoughlin will run in the two mile relay. Other Harvard competitors will be Bob Partlow and John Bunker in the high jump, Charley Smith in the sprints, Don Donahue in the high hurdles, and Steve Madey in the pole valt. Saturday will be the first taste of indoor competition this year for Smith, ranking sprint man.

The Crimson shot putters and weight throwers will compete in a competition for Varsity and Freshman intercollegiate athletes to be sponsored by Harvard Saturday afternoon.