Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Talks to Be Held On Concentration

Leading Professors Will Discuss Fields in Meetings to Be Held In Union

This year, as before, the Union Committee will sponsor a series of talks on fields of concentration, it was announced yesterday by John Richardson Jr. '43, chairman of the sub-committee which is arranging the series.

The talks will be given by leading professors of the ten most popular fields, and will describe what their department offers, the requirements of concentration, and the advantages of concentrating in the field. They will thus supplement the interviews with representatives of the departments, which are scheduled for next week.

The series will begin today at 5 o'clock in the Upper Common Room of the Union, with a talk on English by Ernest J. Simmons, assistant professor and tutor in this department. Other talks are planned for next week in Biochemistry, Economics, History, History and Literature, Engineering Sciences, Romance Languages, Government, Chemistry, and Biology. The complete schedule will be announced in the CRIMSON.

The speakers already definitely arranged include John T. Edsall, asociate professor of Biochemistry, Donald C. McKay, assistant professor of History, Francis O. Mathiessen, associate professor of History and Literature, and Edward H. Chamberlain, professor of Economics. The talks will be followed by open discussion in which all questions will be answered.