FENCERS MUST FIGHT TO WIN PENTAGONALS

Prospects Dimmed by Navy Threat, but Foilmen Have Chance--Wright Will Not Start

Rene Perey's fencers have a fighting chance to come out on top in the Pentagonals at West Point today, but it would be something of a surprise if they did. Pre-meet dope indicates that Navy, the strongest team in the East, will sweep the field, with Army, Harvard, Yale, and Princeton trailing in that order.

The Crimson foilmen however, are certain to show up well, and it it quite possible that they will annex the foil championship as they did last year. The fate of the other two weapons is uncertain, but the opposition will be a good deal stiffer than Seton Hall was, and Seton beat the Peroymen, 14 to 13.

In the sabre, Bob Batt, Wynne Alberts, and Cal Williams will start, with Tom Wright in reserve. Tom is really an ace sabreman, but academic difficulties will rule him out after this meet, and Rene wants to give the others experience.

The undefeated Freshmen are strongly favored for a triumph over Loomis School at Windsor, Connecticut.