FORBES GIVES POLO EQUIPMENT TO TEAM

LOCATED IN WESTWOOD

W. Cameron Forbes '92, patron saint of Harvard polo, yesterday presented his playing field, stables, grandstand, and clubhouse, which are located in Westwood, to the Harvard polo team.

Heretofore the Crimson malletmen have had no outdoor playing field and have used the Dedham Hunt Club's field for practice, which is located about four miles from the new field. Major Chester E. Sargent, coach of the malletmen, considers the Forbe's playing field one of the finest in the world.

Sargent has already offered the field which he feels is far superior to the turfs at Yale and Princeton, for the polo intercollegiates. Previously, these games have always been played around New York or at Burnt Mills, New Jersey. It is Sargent's plan to hold these matches at Westwood every year.

Large Seating Capacity

The seating capacity is more than ample for the games, since more than 1500 can be accommodated and there is a large club house as well. Sargent stated that the gift is one of the largest direct contributions ever made to any one sport.

Provisions of the gift make the polo team responsible for keeping the turf in repair. Forbes will provide for the upkeep of the field, taking care of fertilization, cutting, and wetting.