H.S.U. PLANS DRIVE FOR LARGE ANTI-WAR CHEST

DANCE TO BE HELD IN MEMORIAL HALL TO RAISE MONEY

As part of an Anti-war Chest drive begun yesterday to collect $500 for the cause of peace, the Student Union has decided to issue Liberty Bonds in one and five dollar shares to be sold to members of the Union and, if possible, of the Teachers Union.

The bounds will very closely resemble those issued during the World War for belligerent purposes. "We will use the 1917 methods of collecting money inverted toward the cause of peace," stated G. Robert Stange '41 who is managing the drive.

In the best World War tradition, girls, principally from Radcliffe and Wellesley, will be recruited to urge contributions from the students.

Similar campaigns will begin simultaneously at universities all over the country, with the aim of collecting a total sum of $10,000. Most of the fund will be held in reserve to combat measures suppressing civil liberties on the campus and tending to weaken the Student Union. The drive will last until the end of May.

A dance similar to that given at the beginning of the year in Memorial Hall will be held to collect money during the drive. As before, girls will be brought to the dance in busses.

Profits from the Student Union Dramatic Club production of "Waiting for Lefty" and "The Fall of the City" will also be added to the fund. Contacts will be made today with the Sailors. Garment-Workers, Waitress, and Taxi-Drivers unions in an effort to sell blocks of tickets to the play.