Ritz Roof Alters Cobina's Opinion

Actress Abhorred Harvard Men; Would Send Son Here Now, If She Had One

Exhausted after three straight hours of rehearsed at the Schubert theatre, Colbina Wright, Jr. sunk into a vacant seat and smiled wearily: "Now do you wonder why I get mad when people ask me whether I am serious about my career? Do you think I'd be working like this if I was just having a good time, Why last spring in New York we played 45 shows a week with Eddie Cantor."

The tall blonde star of "Worth a Million," now playing in Boston leads a hectic life. Up at 11 in the morning, breakfast then the funnies and fan mail. "Flash Gordon's my favorite, he's so well drawn," Corbina confessed. Voice lessons and rehearsals take up most of the afternoon and then she takes a quick nap before the evening show.

"No, I don't think I'll get married for four or five more years; I'm really serious about making a career for myself. When I've done that then I'll consider what I want to do the rest of my life."

A Working Girl

Instead of choosing to come out in New York along with her classmates from Miss. Hewitt's exclusive school, Cobina at the age of 16 started to make her way in the entertainment world. "Personally I think the present debutant system is ridiculous," she exclaimed. "In the old days when a girl led a sheltered life until her debut and then for the first time met a group of eligible men, well, then it was all right.

"But nowadays, girls start going out at 14 and by the time they're ready to come out they've met a large group of eligible men so that their party only proves how much champagne and flowers their parents can afford. That's what I've tried to get away from, and to a certain extent. I think you can say that I've succeeded."

Likes Harvard Now

"Yes I've, been working ever since I was 16, and perhaps that's why I haven't had much of a chance to meet many college boys. I used to abhor Harvard men, I thought them dull and conceited; that is, until I came up here to work at the Ritz roof. Since then I've completely changed my opinion because the boy's were simply swell to me then. Now I've determined that if I ever have a son I'll send him to Cambridge."