LA GUARDIA ATTENDS 1940 DINNER TONIGHT

NO SMOKING AT SPEECH

Seniors who attend the special dinner in Eliot House at 6:15 tonight will not only hear Fiorello La Guardia speak, but will also be treated to a steak dinner and free beer and cigaretts, it was announced last night.

Following the dinner, the Mayor will speak at an open meeting in the Indoor Athletic. Building at 8 o'clock. There will be no admission price for the meeting, which is being sponsored by the Council of Government Concentrators and P. B. H. as well as the Harvard Alumni Association.

No Smoking

Authorities yesterday urged students to refrain from smoking at the Indoor Athletic Building meeting, since cigarette stubs will damage the varnished floor.

Elliot C. Cutler '09, president of the Harvard Alumni Association, which is sponsoring the Senior dinner tonight, said last night, "I believe that Harvard students will consider this a happy opportunity to see and hear one of the most dynamic figures in present day American life."

Tonight's Senior dinner is the first of the kind, and is designed to acquaint Seniors with the privileges and activities of alumni.