The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

THE MAIL

To the Editor of the Crimson:

For four years the Harvard Student Union has wanted to bring Mayor Fiorello La Guardia to the campus. Twice he had accepted invitations; but press of business prevented his appearance. Now the Mayor is coming to Harvard, but the Student Union does not care to sponsor him.

We regret that after such a long record of clean government and progressive statesmanship the Mayor has seen fit to take an unneutral attitude toward the European war. We regret that he has injected himself into the Russell case in New York on the side of those whose bigotry menaces academic liberty. We regret that he has prevented New York citizens from peacefully demonstrating at the French Consulate their objection to having some 90,000 Spanish refugees returned to Franco's tender mercy.

These occurrences are not symptomatic of the type of leadership necessary to America in these tense months. We are glad to have the Mayor on the campus, and hope that during his brief stay here he may be able to answer the questions which arise in our minds regarding the direction he is taking. Executive Committee, Harvard Student, Union.