DATE BUREAU

Last night Harvard's Widener-weary population was presented with a rich menu of extra-curricular delicacies. No less than four courses were offered, ranging from LaGuardia soup to John Mason Brown pie. The decision as to which three items to miss was painful indeed, and the very richness of the choice encouraged a resigned withdrawal to bed.

This was not the first time that Harvard has been gorged by an extra-curricular orgy. For a long time lectures have come in rare feasts, instead of steady diets, making it physically impossible for the Harvard Man to satisfy his appetite for them all. University Hall has made a half-hearted effort to ease the difficulty: in a circular letter it invited campus groups to notify the Information Bureau of prospective meetings. That the response was not exactly hearty was demonstrated last night.

Located in the bowels of University Hall, the Information Bureau performs myriad functions, and does not seem the best clearing-house possible. More logical is the Student Council Office in P.B.H., where a file of meetings, sponsors, buildings, dates, and estimated attendances would be kept. For the immediate present, the Information Bureau should be better patronized by student organizations anxious to escape conflicts; in the long run, the Student Council can do the job more capably. Extra-curriculars need wiser rationing, lest they be poured down the drain.