Dean Chase to Inaugurate Crimson Radio Network at 7 O'Clock Broadcast Tonight

800 FREQUENCY CHOSEN

Presenting its inaugural program at seven o'clock this evening, the Crimson Radio Network, owned and controlled by the CRIMSON, will start broadcasting to all parts of the college within reach of the University heating pipes.

Talks by Dean Chase, the Chairman of the Harvard Radio Committee, and by Loring Andrews, Program Director of the World Wide Broadcasting Foundation, will highlight the first program. Immediately following will be "Jazz Lab," a program treating the developments of types of jazz from its beginnings to modern swing. This program will run until 7:45 o'clock.

Classical Hour

At 7:45 until 8:45 there will be an hour's classical program with commentary on which two Haydn selections will be played. First will be Symphony No. 102 in B flat Major. There will also be his quartet selection, Opus 20, No. 5.

The remaining fifteen minutes of the first day's broadcast will be devoted to a summary of college news.

Students will not have to make special attachments to the heating pipes to receive with ordinary sets. However, a ground on the pipes may hinder reception, whereas an aerial attachment to the radiators might improve the reception considerably.

NETWORK NUMBER CHANGED

It has been found necessary to shift the frequency of the Crimson Radio Network from the formerly announced number to 800 kilocycles in order to give the best possible reception. This setting is still tentative. Should any changes be made they will be announced in the Crimson well in advance. Tonight's program will go out at 800.