HEALEY PITCHES IN INITIAL HOME GAME

LOVETT OUT

Al Hatch vs. Tom Healey, the long-awaited hurling duel between the rival captains and ace pitchers of the Tufts and Harvard baseball squads, will materialize tomorrow afternoon as the Jumbos tangle with the Stahlmen in the first home game on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock. Scheduled for last Saturday, the game was postponed when rain and cold turned the diamond into a frozen morass.

Coach Floyd Stahl will start Healey, but the Crimson leader will be yanked early in the contest in order to save his arm for the league opener against Cornell on Saturday. Lou Clay and Charley Brackett will then take over, sharing the mound duties during the final stanzas.

Lovett Out

As Gene Lovett, hard-hitting outfielder, will probably be missing from the lineup for the Tufts encounter because of a Geology field trip, Lee Hartstone will take over his right field berth. Burgy Ayres, who is starting at the third base position, will move up from fifth to fourth in the batting order to fill the gap caused by Lovett's absence.

In the last two years, Hatch has pitched the Jumbos to three wins over the Crimson. His mates batted him to a 13 to 4 victory in the spring of 1938 as Slim Curtiss was blown wide open on the mound. Last spring Healey was twice the victim of Hatch's skill on the hill, as the Stahlmen went down 4 to 2 and 8 to 7.