NINETEEN LAW SCHOOL AWARDS MADE PUBLIC

UNIVERSITY GIVES RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS

Nineteen awards totaling $19,700 for study at the Law School during the next academic year were announced today, as follows:

Brandeis Fellowship, to be awarded to a person specially invited by the Faculty of Law to pursue research, to Arthur L. Brown, Professor of Law at Boston University Law School.

Emmons Scholarship, to Joe E. Covington, of Fayetteville, Ark.; candidate for LL.B. '40, University of Arkansas.

Sidney Thompson Fairchild Fellowship in the Law of Railroads and other Public Utilities, to Joseph Laufer, of Durham, N.C. Laufer has studied at Karls College, University of Berlin, Heidelberg, and Tubingen; candidate for LL.B. '40, Duke University.

Robert Darrah Jenks Scholarship, for a graduate studying Railroad Law, to Lewis B. Greenbaum, of New York, N. Y.; candidate for LL.B., '40, Yale.

Langdell Scholarships to William A. Clineburg, of Lincoln, Nebr., candidate for LL.B. '40, University of Nebraska; and Whitfield J. Collins, of Dallas, Tex., candidate for LL.B., '40, University of Texas.

Research Fellowships

Research Fellowships to Elvin E. Overton, Dean of Mercer University Law School, Macon, G.; Jacobus ten-Broek, of Berkeley, Calif., LL.B. '38, University of California; Ernst H. Schopflocher, of Madison, Wis., J.U.D. '20, Erlangen-Bavaria, LL.B. '40, University of Wisconsin; Joseph Gold, of London, England, LL.B. '35, LL.M. '36, University of London; Selig J. Seligman, of Brooklyn, N. Y., candidate for LL.B. '40, Harvard; Lewis B. Sohn, of Lwow, Poland, LL.M. and Master of Diplomatic Science, '35, University of John Casimir, Lwow, Poland, candidate for LL.M. '40, Harvard; Marcus Manoff, of Philadelphia, Pa., candidate for LL.B. '40, Harvard; George H. Schuller, New Haven, Conn., J. D., '32, University of Vienna, candidate for LL.B. '40, Yale; Benjamin Carlin, Grove Hall, Mass., candidate for LL.B. '40, Wake Forest Law School; Henry H. Foster Jr., Lincoln, Nebr., LL.B. '36, University of Nebraska; Robert G Murray, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, candidate for LL.B. '40, Dalhousie; William T. Muse, Richmond, Va., LL.B., '30, University of Richmond, S.J.D., '34, Harvard; and James A. Washington Jr., of Washington, D. C., LL.B., '39, Heward University, Washington, D.C.