The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

R.O.T.C. HOLDS ANNUAL MANOEUVRES ON MAY 22

Demonstration of Battalion Going Into Action Will Feature Program on Soldiers Field

Soldiers Field will be turned into a battle ground when the University R.O.T.C. unit demonstrates an artillery battalion going into action as part of the annual maneuvers on May 22.

Following the reports of scouts surveying the enemy position, the unit will organize batteries, including two 75mm, guns, into effective firing positions. After telephone communications have been established with the main troops and the cadet commanders have calculated the firing data, the public will be free to inspect the batteries.

Target Practice

On the northwest corner of the field, the 75mm, guns will next be brought into play, using the Bishop trainer which shoots 22 blanks loaded with ball bearings instead of the regular shells. Firing on the target range under the grandstand, the individual members of the unit will display their marksmanship for the benefit of the crowd.

At the same time a demonstration of harnessing and earing for the horse teams will be conducted at the stables.