Mystery Woman Will Be Revealed At 1943's Smoker

Guaranteed To Be Glamorous, Star Refuses to Divulge Name; Pianist to Play

A glamorous and beautiful "mystery woman" will fill the feminine lead at the Freshman Smoker next. Tuesday evening, John Richardson, Jr. '43, chairman of the Smoker Committee, announced last night.

One of the "better known stars of Broadway musicals," according to Richardson, the "mystery woman" refuses to allow her identity to be divulged to the public, preferring to remain anonymous in order to surprise the Yardlings when she actually appears.

"I guarantee her to be beautiful and attractive," he said last night. "I'm sure the Freshman class will be pleased with her and I consider it a treat that we can get her."

Lady Will Sing

Thomas Matters '43, only other member of the Committee to know the unknown lady's name, reeled that she will sing for the class of '43, that she has been in Boston, and that he considered her a fitting successor to Sally Rand and Hildegarde, stars of the last two Smokers.

Announcement of these two entertainers completed the list of personages who will appear before the Freshmen. Headed by Cab Calloway, the cast includes colonel Stoopnagle and Rochester.