Oarsmen Set for Rowe Cup Races In Basin Regatta

M.I.T., Syracuse Threaten Crimson Supremacy With Powerful Flotillas

When thirteen eights sweep down the Basin in four successive waves late tomorrow afternoon, in the Rowe Cup regatta, the first tangible evidence of what this year's navy has in store will be brought to light.

With Sam Goddard at three, the only change from last year's Henley crew, the Varsity boat seems slated to lead Syracuse, M. I. T., and B. U. over the finish line.

Syracuse Hampered By Weather

Syracuse has a powerful eight, but even worse water conditions than have prevailed on the Charles this spring have driven it to Philadelphia for the majority of its practice to date.

Boasting a considerably stronger fleet than a year ago, Tech is out to win tomorrow and promises to battle the Crimson all the way. The B. U. powerhouse with high hopes of victory has yet to prove its worth in open competition.

Wagner Strokes Jayvees

Much the same setup prevails in the Jayvee lineup, as Wagner's boat will he at the stakeboat for the Crimson. With five members of last year's Yardling crew behind him, he wrested the jayvee position from Comstock's eight earlier in the week.

The Yardling eight, which trailed the Varsity and Jayvees in yesterday's time trial, has a dangerous opponent in the M. I. T. boat which is the best in years. Bert Haines' powerful 150-lb, boat also faces tough opposition from the Techmen.

Coach Tom Bolles seemed well pleased with the results of yesterday's time trial when four Varsity and two Freshman eights raced over the Henley distance. Closely bunched except for the Varsity which was well ahead, the six boats finished in good time. The Jayvees led the first Freshman by a length, followed by the third and fourth varsity and the second Yardling eight in quick succession.

Planning a streamlined regatta, the race officials will start the Freshmen off at 3:30 o'clock to be followed at fifteen-minute intervals by the 150's, jayvees, and varsity.