IVY NINES SCHEDULED FOR LEAGUE CLASHES

Dartmouth and Yale to Overcome Weather Jinx; Columbia, Princeton Also Play

Dartmouth and Yale, hampered thus far by inclement weather, will make another effort to inaugurate their campaigns in the Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League today in two of the three games listed for the day's activity Dartmouth, champion in 1938 and heralded as one of the stronger nines in the race for the 1940 pennant, will clash with unbeaten Cornell at Ithaca. Yale will be host to Pennsylvania at New Haven. In the third contest on the day's card Harvard will play Princeton at Tigertown.

The Hanover Indians will be starting the hard way when they tangle with Cornell. the Big Red, which shared the crown with Harvard in 1939 has made an auspicious debut. It bas won both games it has played, beating Pennsylvania by 21 to 5 and Harvard by 10 to 5.

Walter Sickles, the junior right hander who led the Big Red to its share in the pennant a year ago, was the winning pitcher in both games. He is slated to go again today, facing either Johnny Lendo or Dartmouth's captain, Hal Wonson.

The Yale-Pennsylvania game will mark the debut in league competition of Yale's sensational sophomore left hander, Ted Harrison, who, although he has pitched only seven innings thus far this year, has demonstrated that he has lost none of the skill that made him an outstanding hurler in prep school and as a freshman. Pennsylvania, which met Columbia yesterday (Friday) lost its first two league games.

Both Harvard and Princeton will be seeking their initial league victory when they come to grips this afternoon. Harvard lost to Columbia as well as Cornell. Princeton was beaten by the Lions earlier this week. It probably will be Harvard's Tom Healey vs. Princeton's Dan Carmichael on the mound.