TOBIN SCHEDULED TO SPEAK BEFORE P.B.H. CONFERENCE

BROADCAST PLANNED

Maurice J. Tobin, Mayor of Boston, has been added to the list of speakers for the Phillips Brooks House conference on career in government and community service, it was revealed yesterday by the conference committee.

Conducting the round table on the elected official and the administration of government on Saturday morning, Mayor Tobin will address the whole conference at the luncheon to follow.

Broadcast Speeches

The conference committee also stated that it had secured time for a half-hour's program over station W.B.Z. and N.B.C.'s New England network. Although the exact time of the program has not yet been determined, it will come sometime between five and nine o'clock on Saturday evening.

Four of the speakers at the conference will be on the program which is to be conducted by Lincoln Bloomfield '41. In addition, four undergraduates, whom the committee intends to chose from among the chairmen of the outside delegations, will appear on the program.

Sponsors of Conference

As announced by Norris P. Swett '37, student counselor, the sponsors are Charles Francis Adams '88, ex-Secretary of the Navy, Lincoln Filene, department store executive, Roy E. Larson '21, publisher of Time and Life, and Lucius N. Littauer '78, donor of the Littauer School of Public Administration.

Francis P. Murphy, Governor of New Hampshire, Leverett Saltonstall '14, Governor of Massachusetts, Henry L. Shattuck '01, member of the Corporation, and William H. Vanderbilt, Governor of Rhode Island, are also serving as sponsors.

Chairmanned by Lincoln Bloomfield '41, the committee consists of Gerald Elsner '42, John B. Fisher '41, Langdon B. Gilkey '40, Enno Hobbing '41, Lawrence P. Lader '41, John London '41, and Langdon P. Marvin '41.