YARDLING TRACKSTERS TO MEET EXETER TEAM

Picnic and Goethals Return to Action As Team Seeks Third Victory This Saturday

With an official record of two wins and one loss, Coach Bill Neufeld's Yardling track team will meet Exeter this Saturday in a meet at New Hampshire, with a better than even chance of repeating its winter season victory over the same team.

Although the Freshmen lost a meet two Saturdays ago to Andover, mostly because of weakness in field events, they are expected to have a close tussle this Saturday with Exeter which has similar lack of power off the cinders.

In an informal meet last Saturday with Holy Cross and Northeastern, the Yardlings showed up a poor third in the number of first places. Highlights for individual performances were Mitch Ford, with a first place in the pole vault and a tie for first in the high jump, and recently elected Captain Don MacKinnon with victories in the hurdles.

Goethals and Pirnie Ready

Having almost completely recovered from a sprained ankle which has kept him out of competition since February, star hurdler Tom Goethals will see action Saturday. Doug Pirnie, responsible for 16 points at the indoor Exeter meet, has also recovered from his leg injury in time to compete.

Heading the milers will be Paul Johrde, who broke the Freshman record for the 1,000 at Exeter this winter. Ted Graves, Fred Phinney, and Paul Cook will handle the half-mile, while Larry Corbett and Charley Tobias will compete in the 440.

In the dashes, Feldman, Trainor, and Marshall will run with Pirnie. Bob Fisher will be the leading contestant in the weight events and Ford, George Goethals, Sommers, and Rowse will enter the jumps.