MONDAY IS NAMED AS DATE FOR ALBUM

'40 Class Book Will Contain Nearly 2,000 Pictures, Many Candid Shots

With a new streamlined type and more pictures than ever before, the 1940 Senior Album will appear next Monday, Chairman John L. Donnell '40 announced last night. Distribution of approximately 600 copies will take place in the Leverett House Common Room.

The book will contain nearly 2,000 separate pictures, according to Donnell. An attempt has been made to maintain a half-and-half ratio of type and pictures, he said, by shortening articles to the bare essentials and substituting new views and candid shots of the University.

Humorous Feature Article

Although Donald MacD. D. Thurber's feature article. "The Truth About '40 will omit any discussion of sex, it will tell everything else about the class, and its 16 pages will be liberally spiced with literary and photographic humor, Donnell declared.

A "complete coverage" of pictures, the chairman added, will include the innovations of two full pages of candids in the activities section, action snape of minor as well as major sports, and the largest view section the Album has ever had. Other changes will include a new type of cover with John Harvard's profile stamped on it, and a "spectrotint" frontispiece in three colors.

The price of this year's Album is $8.50. As usual, it is supported entirely on its subscriptions; there is no advertising.