The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Mayo Is Ass't. Dean of Arts, Sciences School

Heading the list of promotions voted by the Board of Overseers was the appointment of Lawrence S. Mayo '10 as Associate Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, effective as of May 1.

Other promotions announced yesterday are effective on September 1. The men and their new positions are:

Albert Haertlein '16, Gordon McKay Professor of Civil Engineering; Wendell H. Furry, associate professor of Physics and tutor; Clyde K. M. Kluckhohn, associate professor of Anthropology and tutor; Hassler Whitney, associate professor of Mathematics and tutor;

Woodworth Associate Professor

Donald C. Williams, associate professor of Philosophy and tutor; G. Wallace Woodworth '24, associate professor of Music and tutor; Harry Berman, associate professor of Mineralogy and Curator of the Mineralogical Museum; Arthur Casagrande, associate professor of Civil Engineering;

Frederick V. Hunt, associate professor of Physics and Communication Engineering; Melville C. Whipple, associate professor of Sanitary Chemistry; Harold S. Kemp, lecturer on Geography and tutor;

Elliott Perkins '23, lecturer on History and tutor; John T. Dunlop, instructor in Economics and tutor; and Andrew D. Osborn, Chief of the Catalogue Department of the College Library.