The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

STUDENT PICKETS FAVOR PLACE

Demonstrate Outside Lecture Hall; Sport Caged Dove at Yard Concert

Cheers and catcalls formed a mixed reception for two undergraduate peace demonstrations yesterday.

Armed with gas masks and sporting arm bands and placards, William Ross-more '40, and Stanley Geller '40, protested against the "was mongering" preachings of Paul P. Cram '15, instructor in History by picketing his classroom in the New Lecture Hall.

In the evening, before a crowd of several hundred people attending the Glee Club concert on the steps of Widener, other sympathizers wearing similar apparel carried a caged dove through the Yard. Amid the plaudits of the crowd, it was later released.

"Once Was Enough"

The poetic placards displayed in front of the lecture hall read:

"Mr. Cram, you may aspire to fight for Empire. We won't take your stuff. Once was enough."

"Churchill's in a jam, no fault of Mr. Cram. But he must fight alone. Save democracy at home."

the picketers represented "The Harvard Committee for the Recognition of Classroom Generals." After waiting outside will one o'clock for Cram to appear, they gave up. The history instructor ignored the demonstration by continuing his classroom lecture.