'43 Track Squad In Trim for Eli Meet

Doug Pirnie and Tom Goethals Return In Time for Saturday's Contest

With the return of its greatest point-getter, Doug Pirnie, to the lineup in addition to Tom Goethal's coming into form again, Coach Bill Neufeld's Yardling tracksters are fast rounding into shape for their annual tussle with Yale this Saturday in the stadium.

Pirnie, who has missed regular competition in the last several meets, has almost reached his winter season form, running a 300 yesterday in 31.5 in an informal race. Besides entering the 100 and 220, he will participate in the discus and broad jump.

The sucess or failure of Pirnie in these four events may mean victory or defeat for the team. Although his best performances in the dashes have been inferior to Yale's Talbott, he has a better than even chance of winning four first places.

Goethals In Shape

Tom Goethals, out until a week ago with a sprained ankle, has also nearly hit his normal stride again in the hurdles. He will run beside Captain Don MacKinnon in a desperate effort to defeat the strong Eli combination of Squire and Greene.

The team's only casualty that might have effect on the points in Saturday's meet is the loss of half-miler Fred Phinney, who is out with a sprained ankle, the other portion of a strong trio in this event is Ted Graves and Paul Cook.

Ted Graves has shown steady signs of improvement throughout the season, becoming Harvard's main threat in the quarter and half mile races. In last Saturday's time trials, he copped firsts in both events.

-In the field events, both teams seem to be shaping up equally well with Yale