'43 RED BOOK DISTRIBUTED TO FRESHMEN

Dedicated to Dean McMahan, Album Boasts New Type; to Be Distributed at Union

Dedicated to Knight W. McMahan '33, Assistant Dean of Harvard College, the 1943 Red Book, over 250 pages long, appears today. Yardlings may obtain their copies in the Union at lunch and supper today and tomorrow, according to Shelby H. Page, Business Manager.

Only in minor respects does this year's album, edited by Charles M. Bliss of Evanston, Illinois and Holworthy Hall, differ from those of preceding classes. A new and more readable type has been adopted, and a series of candid photographs appears, purportedly to portray the everyday life of the "typical Freshman," apparently blond-haired, phototropic Charlie Borden, who may be seen participating in all Freshman activities from shower-taking to cramming.

Reviews Year's Activities

Main body of the book, of course, is the directory appropriately headed by a quotation from Shakespeare: "I have marked a thousand blushing apparitions." Preceding it is a short, lightly written review of the year's activities, touching riots, Student Union dances, exams, and other major events in the still brief history of 1943.

Three Distributing Tables

Today there will be three tables at the Union for those who wish to obtain their copies: two tables for those who have had their names stamped on the cover, and one for those who bought theirs unstamped.

Scheduled to appear simultaneously with the advent of the girls for the Jubilee, the Redbook is coming out a week later because of plans which moved the Freshman dance up a week.