Crimson Ruggers Win Fifth Straight, 19 to 3

Waters' Scoring, Colwell's Kicking Put Team on Top in Eastern Rugby League; Lockridge Stars

In the roughest, toughest game of the year the Crimson Rugby team emerged victorious over Long Island University by a 19 to 3 margin Saturday on the home field. With this win, their fifth straight, the Ruggers have placed themselves in the top position of the Eastern Rugby Union League standings. Lloyd Lockridge was a bulwark in the Crimson line.

Bill Waters, playing an outstanding game at back position, led the scoring brigade with two tries to his credit. Frank Jewett, Al Osgood, and Bobbie Green were responsible for three points apiece, while Captain George Ditz brought the total to 19 with a 4 point drop goal from mark. Walter Cohen reached pay dirt in the last minutes to bring the sole L. I. U. tally.

With the wind against them in the first half, the Crimson attack was slowed somewhat and it was Dave Colwell's excellent kicking that kept the Cabotmen out of trouble. But in the second half by their deft handling of the loose ball and powerhouse aggressiveness the ruggers showed themselves decisively to be the best team in the league.

Saturday's was the first defeat the New Yorkers have suffered this season although they have been tied by the New York Rugby Club. The Crimson fifteen will meet the latter next Saturday in battle that will decided decisively the championship of the league.